The Pulmonary/Critical Care Physician provides excellent patient care while exceeds quality and compliance standards. This full time position spends 65% of time in the St. Charles Pulmonary Clinic testing, diagnosing, treating, monitoring and educating patients on all aspects of pulmonary care. The remaining 35% is spent in Critical Care delivering expert care for critically ill patients. Critical care coverage pulmonary consults are rotated equally with St Charles Medical Staff physicians.
Pulmonary Clinic diagnose and treat patients with lung disease, lung injury, asthma and impaired pulmonary function. The majority of procedures are in conjunction with the St Charles Pulmonary Function Testing Lab under the American Thoracic Society Standards. Some procedures are performed in clinic. Primary location is the Bend Pulmonary Clinic with equal rotation of Redmond Pulmonary clinic. The Redmond Pulmonary clinic will be staffed twice a week.
St. Charles Bend operates an 18-bed multi-disciplinary care unit as part of level II trauma hospital with 24/7 trauma coverage and full-time neurosurgical and cardiac surgical coverage. The prospective candidate should be comfortable providing care for these patients. We are expanding our ICU to 24 beds as part of a new clinical tower tentatively scheduled for completion in April 2019.
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES: